Affordable SEO services for small businesses
Everyone these days is looking for affordable SEO consulting services and this is normal as there is a lot of competition for rankings online and the need for businesses to provide services that distinguish them from the rest is getting stronger. But SEO is not a service everyone understands. You have to consider some important aspects before deciding what specific type of SEO service you want and afterwards you can proceed with finding an affordable SEO agency or consultant. In this article you will find information about:
- What is SEO
- Which are the factors that influence how affordable an SEO service is
- Affordable search engine optimization services who needs them?
- Affordable SEO services for small businesses
- Affordable local SEO services
- Affordable international SEO services
- Affordable ecommerce SEO services
- Affordable SEO consultanting services by type
- Affordable SEO marketing
- Affordable SEO audit
- Affordable link building services
- Affordable SEO web design
- Affordable SEO packages vs Affordable SEO consultants
- Request a quotation for affordable seo services
What is SEO
Quoting from the page where the SEO services for small businesses are described:
According to moz.com the definition of SEO is as follows:
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
And indeed it is but for me this definition needs to be adjusted to the current SEO reality. And here is my definition of SEO:
SEO is the practice of first understanding the online users’ behavior and intent, then adjusting the products and services to fulfill the needs of the targeted audience and as a result also adjust the website’s content as needed to increase the quantity and quality of organic traffic to achieve better conversion rates and user satisfaction.
It is very important to understand that the real work of a small business seo consultant is mainly to find ways to satisfy the user intent. This can be accomplished only by devoting time on SEO marketing research services. By understanding the user intent and forming seo strategies to satisfy it, we can achieve a qualitative increase in the organic traffic and in addition get better conversion rates and achieve user satisfaction. Content is the king when the goal is users’ satisfaction! I believe the definition of SEO by MOZ is missing the most important element – user satisfaction. At the end of the day, this is what Googles AI bots rank websites on.
Which are the factors that influence how affordable an SEO service is
While searching for affordable SEO consulting services it is important to understand several factors that influence the cost and quality. The most important are mentioned below:
- The actual time spend on your project monthly. It is important to understand if your project requires a lot of hours spend on it per month or it is a relatively small project.
- The level of expertise. Will your project be assigned to a professional SEO consultant or it will be assigned to a junior or medium level SEO specialist?
- The variety of SEO services that will be offered. Will the services be limited to what an SEO package offers or will they cover the variety of SEO services that exist?
- The location of the SEO consultant. This factor will influence the price a lot as the cost of living per country and the taxes will influence the offer. If you receive an offer from an agency in London and it is for 300pounds/month, how much work can an agency in London offer for such a price and how many hours can they spend on your project?? My guess is that if they can offer such a price, they outsource their SEO services or they have junior and trainee SEO specialists working on your project. For SEO it is important to devote time to understand the industry for every particular project, to come up with a strategy and then to implement and monitor it. Some of these steps can be done by the client but it also means that the consultation will include some sort of training.
- The industry / keyword topics you try to rank for. There are some industries and topics that are more difficult to compete in in SEO terms. It depends on how much work your competitors have done in SEO already.
- The location you want to rank for in your chosen keywords. This relates to local and international SEO. Depending on the country/countries, we choose to spend a different amount of time on SEO and some of the SEO tactics used will have a different cost per country. This is something that is influenced again by the competition in the selected topics/keywords and the cost of living and price levels in each country.
- How fast would you like to see a significant impact on your rankings. This factor will also determine the amount of SEO hours that necessary for your project per month.
- How well has your website been built in terms of technical SEO aspects. Some websites have been built in CMS’s that are SEO friendly and it is easy to make some changes for SEO purposes if it is needed. But some are not and they will require more changes that developers will need to implement. Your current CMS structure will also affect how affordable the SEO project will be, although this cost is not directly related to SEO and is a cost will depend on the type of SEO services.
- How ready you are to compete against your competitors in terms of what your target audience is looking for. This includes a variety of products/services supplied, prices, and valuable content. In the past some SEO professionals were using black hat SEO practices and could help companies rank in the top search results without necessarily them being the best in what they do. These times are over. It is very, very important to actually have something unique to offer or present something in a unique way. It is important to find what will distinguish your website from its competitors. Once this happens, the user behaviour as understood by the Google bots’ artificial intelligence will be better compared to the benchmark behaviour of the users who visit competitor’s websites. It will be a signal for Google to start ranking your website higher.
- The number and variety of professional SEO tools that will be used in your project. SEO is done using some quite expensive licensed SEO tools and, of course, this is factored into the cost of SEO.
Affordable SEO consultant services – who needs them?
Based on my experience, every company that has an online presence or is thinking of having one needs SEO consulting services. If you would like to find out why, you can read about SEO marketing services. After doing some research on the topic, I made a list of the most popular searches in Google and have presented it below. They can give us an indication of the type of companies and websites that need such services:
- Affordable SEO services for small business
- Affordable local SEO services
- Affordable international SEO services
- Affordable ecommerce seo services
The above searches do not necessarily show every type of company that needs them but it is obvious who needs them the most and it can probably be attributed to the small budget that small or local businesses might have. SEO for international websites and for ecommerce websites requires long term cooperation and it is normal for companies that can only devote a small budget to SEO or promotion strategies in general to search for such services.
Which are the most popular affordable SEO consulting services by type?
I did similar research on the topic to identify which are the most common services requested when companies are interested in affordable SEO agencies or affordable seo consultants. These are the searches that came up:
- Affordable SEO marketing services
- Affordable SEO audit services
- Affordable link building services
- Affordable SEO web design services
If you would like to learn more about each one, follow the links above.
Affordable SEO packages vs Affordable SEO consulting
This is an interesting comparison. While searching for affordable SEO services, you will definitely come across the terms ‘affordable SEO packages’ and ‘affordable SEO consultant services’. Usually, SEO consultants do not offer SEO packages. Digital marketing agencies that promote themselves as ‘Affordable SEO agencies’ will most likely have some affordable SEO packages. Personally, I do not like the idea of packages for various reasons, the most important being the limited variety of SEO services that are offered. It is important to be able to optimize a website in every SEO aspect because by doing this we can increase the possibilities of ranking it higher. Another reason is that SEO packages oftentimes have long term contract commitments which, on one hand, is understandable but sometimes it is like a trap.
As an SEO consultant with many years of experience I have to say that every client is unique and every project has its specific requirements. This is a big challenge because it requires to quickly identify the elements of success in order to make it a successful SEO project. Doing an SEO marketing research on the topic and discussing the business concept with the client is a MUST! How is it possible to know how much time these important steps will take to come up with a package offer? How is it possible to deliver quality services before spending time to understand what the client needs?
This is why I prefer to offer my services based on hours done. To my knowledge, most of the professional SEO consultants do the same because SEO is a custom made service formed depending on the project and not on a product with certain characteristics that can be sold no matter what.
Request a quotation for affordable SEO services
Expensive SEO services do not always bring results but I would also not take the risk of buying cheap SEO services. What is important is to understand which factors influence the cost of SEO and to buy efficient and effective SEO services. At the end of the day, this is what the clients need. It is not possible for any SEO agency or SEO professional to guarantee that they will be able to rank your site at the top of Google Search results, but it possible to explain to you (depending on their experience and their research) how difficult it will be to try and how you will need to proceed. It might be obvious from the beginning that the project will be very difficult but even in these cases there might be some alternatives that can help your business.
If you would like to request a quotation for your SEO project, please click on the button below and submit your project request. I will be happy to assist you and will send you a reply within two business days.
Professional SEO consulting services
Would you like to learn more for all the types of SEO services I am offering? If yes, please follow any of the below links.
SEO consulting services per website type
You might be wondering if all the websites require the same type of SEO consulting services and how these services might be different per website. From my experience all these years I can say that the SEO principles are the same but the effort and continuity that is needed for sure are different not only per website type but also per business industry, size, location and even the CMS that is used. If you would like to learn more please follow any of the links below.