If you are interested in finding out what exactly is the google search console tool, why it is important for businesses that have an online presence and how you can make a search console training that will cover all the basic knowledge that you need to know please continue reading. This page will cover the following:
- What is the Search Console or Webmaster tools
- Why it is important to use search console
- For whom is this search console training
- What the search console training covers
- How the google search console training is done
- How long does the google search console training lasts
- Why to do the search console training with an SEO expert
Search console, also known as webmaster tools, , is a tool which is available to site owners for free. Most of the times it is just used by developers or SEO professionals as the site owners do not have the knowledge needed to understand all its features. The tools main usage is for optimizing a website’s SEO.
Most of the clients that come to me do not know anything about Search Console or even if they have heard of it and have access to it, they do not use it. If they do have access to it, the access is not that of an owner, which limits the features they can see and use. Search Console is used by SEO professionals to do some of the following tasks:
- check the keywords for which a website appears in the Google Search results, their clicks, impressions and their ranking (on average).
- check the landing pages that appear in Google Search results with info about the clicks on them, impressions and rankings.
- Check how much traffic comes to a website from Google Search but also from Google image and video search.
- Check stats about the countries the traffic comes from.
- Check stats about the devices that bring the traffic.
To be noted: All the above info can also be displayed in Google Analytics if we connect Search Console to it.
In addition, the tool is used by SEO professionals to:
- Submit sitemaps so the robots can crawl the website faster and better.
- Check the indexation of a website.
- See if there are any important technical errors in the website that need to be fixed for it to rank better for more keywords.
- Find out if there are any penalties placed by Google that justify low rankings and a part or even the entire website to be de-indexed for Google Search results.
- Manually ask Google to crawl pages or certain sections of the website to make sure that the bots find them as fast as possible.
The above are some of the most important features that the Search Console tool has but there are even more which are slightly too technical to be mentioned here.
I believe Search Console is a must for every company that owns a website and makes efforts to bring organic traffic to it. I have seen cases where big website owners and IT companies did not really know how to read all the info that Search Console offers and have been penalized by Google for a long time, watching their website traffic decrease without knowing why. But let’s say this is an extreme case. Of course, many things can be improved with a basic knowledge of Search Console. And I believe this is a course would be of use to developers, since they often need to face inquiries that require some SEO technical knowledge on how to use Search Console.
The Search Console training covers all the points mentioned in the above section about why it is important to use Search Console.
To do the Google Search Console training I use TeamViewer. This allows me to connect to either a client’s PC or a client’s to mine and to switch whenever necessary. When a client does not have access or does not have full access to the Google Search Console tool, the training can still be done using real examples from some of my websites.
This depends on whether or not the client is familiar with Google Search Console and on the questions are generated while we do the training. Usually, for beginners it does not take more than 1.5 hours.
Search Console is one of the ‘hidden’ SEO tools. There is free information about it online but it can be difficult for someone who owns a website and is a regular type of user to come across such a tool and to understand its importance. It is also difficult for someone to find all the material covered in this training by just reading a few posts or watching some videos. This training will save you time and will focus to the most important features of Google Search Console that you need to be aware of as a site owner.
SEO consulting services per website type
You might be wondering if all the websites require the same type of SEO consulting services and how these services might be different per website. From my experience all these years I can say that the SEO principles are the same but the effort and continuity that is needed for sure are different not only per website type but also per business industry, size, location and even the CMS that is used. If you would like to learn more please follow any of the links below.