SEO strategy services
Providing SEO strategy services is a difficult task that requires a lot of research and data analysis, good knowledge of the SEO environment and trends, as well as good organization and communication skills. It also involves a good understanding of web development principles and lots of analytical thinking and creativity. The bigger the website and the more topics it covers, the longer it takes to come up with a working strategy that focuses on bringing quality results and not just meeting the costs estimations. It takes a lot of effort to build a brand that you can present as a leader in its field online. A good SEO strategy will be invaluable in terms of achieving this goal and your main focus should always be on quality.
So what is an SEO strategy – SEO strategy definition
SEO strategy is the process of finding and underlining the important areas a business should be focusing on to reach its desired online audience, by determining what the audience is looking for in the first place. It focuses mainly on content but it could give us insights that can influence important decisions about the business, the products and services offered, the knowledge base that supports the business and the channels which should be used to promote such a business.
SEO is not just about keywords but also about understanding the user’s intent. Understanding the user requires considerable time and efforts. After an action plan has been made, approved and implemented, its performance also needs to be monitored and modifications are usually necessary. It is an ongoing process which evolves as the audiences’ expectations and the competition evolve.
For small websites and local businesses, SEO strategy services require a very good analysis and action plan initially, but they take lot less effort to maintain afterwards. Bigger websites might need to invest time and efforts into this regularly and it could even be considered as necessary ongoing support.
What is covered by an SEO strategy plan
A complete SEO strategy plan for a new client needs to cover the following areas:
1. SEO strategy research and analysis
– discussions with the client to understand the business topic and the business goals/intent as best as possible.
– technical seo audit: technical SEO audit: it will allow us to make sure that, on a technical level, the website has no issues.
– analysis of the website’s current organic traffic: the goal here is to find SEO strengths, SEO weaknesses, SEO opportunities and SEO threats which are significant factors that will help us understand where we are vs where we want to be and how much traffic we can expect.
– deeper analysis of the traffic potential by focusing on certain topics and researching what the user intent is when they are interested in these topics. I.e. Is there anything else directly related to our topics that the users are looking for that we are missing? Or are there additional topics associated with our topic which could help us find prospect clients?
– research and analysis of the competition and their SEO tactics.
2. SEO strategy action plan
This step involves doing a report on the findings from stage 1 and giving recommendations on the actions that need to be taken.
– proposals for technical SEO optimization.
– proposals for the navigation structure to cover the topics that were discovered in the first stage better.
– proposals for landing page optimization including some technical aspects but also content aspects.
– proposals for action calls.
– proposals for internal link building.
– proposals for off page SEO which is an ongoing task.
– proposals for trending SEO issues like (i.e. mobile SEO, voice SEO, schema markup, Google My Business).
3. SEO strategy implementation stage
This is the part where the proposals need to enter the implementation stage and become actual. This stage usually requires the involvement of web developers (sometimes both back end and front end) as well as working with editors or marketing departments. It all depends on the way a business is formed and operates.
4. Ongoing monitoring & modifying actions when necessary
This stage involves following up and measuring the effects that the implemented proposals bring. It is an important step to make sure that everything has been implemented as proposed and to understand the impact of the changes. In some cases, depending on the impact, additional actions need to be taken in order to ensure the best possible results.
5. Monthly reporting
Reporting is also an ongoing task should be done when an SEO agency offers SEO strategy services. It is important, so that we understand the impact of the SEO work and to evaluate how far we are from the goals that have been set. Google Analytics and Search Console are the free tools supplied by Google that can help us measure the impact and prepare reports with all the necessary info.
Are you interested in SEO strategy services?
If you are interested in SEO strategy services, please follow the link ‘REQUEST SEO STRATEGY SERVICES’ below and fill in the form, so that I can come back to you with an estimated offer.
SEO consulting services per website type
You might be wondering if all the websites require the same type of SEO consulting services and how these services might differ per website. From my years of experience, I can say that the SEO principles are the same but the effort and continuity that is needed are definitely different not only per website type, but also per business industry, size, location and even the CMS that is used. If you would like to learn more please follow any of the links below.